Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WTB: Ridgid 1210

Tom_133
Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
These units are hard to find. I am looking for one working or not.
Tom
Montpelier Vt

Comments

• gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    Treader

I have rigid 802 for sale or trade to rigid 300 in Brooklyn. Let me know if interested
  • Tom_133
    Small

I want the 1210 or the 1215 because its small and easy to move. I have a 1822-I for big stuff.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Tom

You can get a steel dragon 1215 for $629 shipped, I have a friend of mine that bought 3 of them and swears by them, I have ridgid 1210's, 1215's and 300s but do use the 1215 the most, its great for dragging up to roof tops for gas piping up to 1 1/2 ".. the 1210 is also nice but them gold dies are expensive hard to find and dont last terribly long, but for residential gas lines it cant be beat, it weighs about 50lbs.... I used to think it was easier to just use the hand held power unit but once you lug the oiler and the tripod its easier with the 1200's....

anywya check out that steel dragon website, I have seen the 1215 for 629 and I paid almost 3000 for my 1215 ridgids... is it really worth it? I wish I knew about sdt when I bought my threaders...
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    all this time

I thought the 300 was the shoulder carry threader. They make lighter ones? too funny.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Tom_133
    thanks heatpro

For that kind of money I think I will give it a try. I am a Ridgid guy, but I am also a student of economics, mainly how much stays in my pocket.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Tom aside from the wise cracks

I have been scanning craigslist with no luck near me. I know the Chinese ones sound tempting but for tools I need to work I would stick with Rigid or Rothenberger. Be patient and maybe get a rigid 700 for the mean time. between CL and ebay you should be able to find one.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Tom_133
    Its a hard find

I have been watching local Craigslists and when I say local I mean within 400 miles of Vt and found nothing. I have a 700 and 1822-I and the hand set. The 700 is to much of a bother for me to actually use for the small jobs and to slow to use on the big jobs. I would trade or that thing anytime. I will keep searching
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited March 2013
    Tom

I seen the sdt's best price is on ebay $629 shipped, like I said my buddy swears by them he owns 3 and you can tell they have been worked. He said he uses them for up to 1 1/4 all the time, I find most jobs are 1" and 3/4, I used to do a lot of 1 1/4" when we were doing a lot of oil tanks {not to many new oil tank installs around this way}. I do copper risers now but before we used to use threaded pipe to the ceiling on boilers for the return and supply, them days are also over, especially since we hardly do steam swap outs anymore...

So now pretty much the only reason we thread pipe is for gas lines, and as soon as the cost of the gastite type materials come down that will also be a thing of the past...

I was told by a ridgid rep that the std parts are interchangable with a lot of their stuff and they were made in the same places by the same machines... I know the company that does the repairs on my equipment told me he uses there die heads and mototrs unless some asks for ridgid brand specifically, he likes the stuff too... Like I said If I didnt own the ridgids already I would have sdt on the job, $600 vs $3000 is not a small difference..
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    At that sort of money

I am really temped. I have 2 ridged 700 and 2 300.

The automatic oiler would be real nice , I think I,ll give one a try unless anyone has had

A bad experience ??
  • Stanz
    Stanz Member Posts: 1
    Ridgid 535

I have a Ridgid 535 threader with stand, nipple chucks, & dies for 1/8"-2" pipe. The threader is in very good condition & is the newer looking model. I hardly use it simply because I don't have the space to keep it set up all the time ready to be used so its a pain to get it out & set it up. I can send pics to anyone interested. Make me an offer/trade...

(I'm a master plumber 29 yrs old & about to start my own business finally after 11 yrs in the trade located just outside of Phila)
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    I might be interested

I will send you a message with my email
  • Ibrollin
    Ibrollin Member Posts: 1
    1210 for sale mint

Ridgid 1210 for sale mint used a couple of times quit doing gas sticking with just plumbing side of company 1000$
This discussion has been closed.