Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new boiler. new construction. anyone ever have this? flame rolling out

Joseph_4
Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
I just came from a customer. I installed a new boiler after hurricane sandy. They would not move back home without heat or hot water.

Boiler is located in basement. They are doing construction now in basement. The boiler room is open. there is tons of dust in the room.

she told me she has no heat. I came, i saw flame is rolling out. there are burn marks on boiler front. Apparantly, the dust is clogging up airways so flame is rolling out. It tripped the Flame roll out switch.

This all happened in only 2 months time. Has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    boiler

What boiler?

Yes heavy dust can cause the boiler to soot up and have roll out.
  • Joseph_4
    slantfin 275k with coil

its a slantfin 275 k with coil
  • Joseph_4
    how to clean boiler whose nipples are extremely close. help??

Steve, I saw your posts on thread  #71413 from august 13, 2003 about cleaning a Dunkirk boiler. You mention boilers that  you can't get a brush in cause nipples so close. . I spent what was supposed to be a rare Sunday off for me  cleaning a boiler Slantfin Gxh-275 dpzt. The middle sections are impossible to clean with brushes. put boiler back together at 8pm after cleaning for 2 hours.totally black everywhere.  flame still rolling out. need pointers on what to do. Does the method on that post " How to clean with water help?".

The customer has no heat or h0t water cause can't fire boiler the way it is

Thank

Joe Hardoon
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Two months

Is a long time in a dirty atmosphere. Most manufactures state not to run equipment during construction.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    I have

Used soot spray with good results. RE michels has it.
This discussion has been closed.