Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Evaldo
Evaldo Member Posts: 2
Hello,

I own a house that has a very old heater system model, Sears Homart 600 Automatic Heating Lifeclad Ceramic Coated heater, model 867.63991 with HQ blower. The left side of the blower is missing an o ring/ball bearing ring. It of course makes a loud banging noise I am in desperate need of help, please. Does anyone know where I can find this ring because the old one broke? Again, I am in desperate mode and I have no heat right now with 2 children in the house. Thank you in advance....

Evaldo

Email: <a href="mailto:evo_lution_169@hotmail.com">evo_lution_169@hotmail.com</a>

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Furnace

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/00024805-00001.png

Every part of this blower assembly is unavailable except for the belt drive. If the blower has been running this way, it will destroy the motor beyond repair, or at least shorten its useful life.

Looks like it's time to get a replacement estimate. Your furnace can quickly become a money pit.
  • Evaldo
    Evaldo Member Posts: 2
    Thanks......

The piece I need is #5, 4,and 3......the opposite side of the belt.Do you know the dimension of the rod that runs the fan?

Thanks in advance.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    replacement parts

they are all available. Probably pillow block bearings. You would need someone to replace the shaft and both bearings. It is an oldie, but parts are universal for the blower
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    also

just read your other post. Probably 1/2" shaft/bearing size. There is also the possibility that it is 5/8", 3/4". If the original bearings had no oil cup, than they are Lau bearings.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    That is

Most likely a bronze sleeve bearing. If the bearing still fits on the shaft and the shaft is not torn up clean off the oil and goop as best you can. Try any thing you can use, tape, Popsicle sticks, cardboard anything too fill the gap that the rubber cushion took up. Since it's the side opposite the motor you only need to keep the bearing from moving.Doesn't have to be even. Jam something on the bottom only or top only if you have to. Then add a few drops of oil to the shaft only. If you can keep It going till its gets warmer pull the whole blower assembly out and take it to machine shop and have them put it all back right. Don't see how your gonna ruin the motor but you may very well tear up the wheel.
This discussion has been closed.