Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

peerless pinnacle info needed

Options
chase
chase Member Posts: 8
Hello everyone. Would anyone have any info on a peerless pinnacle wbv-04-150-s oil steam boiler? serial # 376145-200110. IBR BURNER CAPACITY 1.5 GAL/HR. DOE 178000 WATER 177000 STEAM BTU/HR. NET 554 SQ. FT. IBR 133000 BTUH/STEAM. 155000 BTUH/WATER. BECKETT BURNER. I want to convert to gas and need a little starting off point. One pipe system steam. Would i be better off keeping this boiler with a few adjustments or converting all together? Any good modulating gas boilers that are high efficient? The current boiler seems a bit oversized. Any info is appreciated.

Comments

• chapchap70
    chapchap70 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Two different models

The Peerless Pinnacle and Peerless WBV are different models.  Since your system is steam and you burn oil, I think it is safe to assume you have the WBV.  Since you have a steam system, it doesn't make sense to modulate.  To properly size a steam boiler, you have to measure the radiator output. (EDR)  This is different than a hot water system.  I believe that boiler can work with a power gas burner.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Gas

We've had good luck converting that model boiler. As long as it's sized right and has a lot of useful life left, it would run great with a gas burner.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    EDR

You need to survey all the radiators and come up with a total EDR. That would be the sq ft of steam in you post.With steam systems, the boiler is matched to radiation.Forget modulation.....steam boilers don't modulate. You need to see if the boiler is grossly over-sized,in which case, it may be better to replace the boiler completely. If the boiler is close to the correct size, a conversion burner, such as the Carlin ez gas, might be the way to go.This will help with EDR

http://www.weil-mclain.com/en/multimedia-library/pdf/weil-mclain-pdf/other-downloads/boiler_replacement_guide.pdf
This discussion has been closed.