Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

zone valve question

im having problems controlling the flow of my closed zone valves they are the White Rodgers 3 wire type. Thermostat tells them to close and for the most part they do but i can feel a little bit of heat on the first baseboard register but usually just one side. It seems like they are leaking through. Circulation pump is off but still it bothers me not to see my temperature on my setbacks being accurate. The thermostat can be off by quite a bit, it varies on the weather and timing of the setback but sometimes up to 8 degrees.

Is this normal for these zone valves? im used to other brands and only recently purchased a home that had these installed.

Comments

• RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    valves

Not sure what style you have, the old WR zone valves had a stem assy that sat inside a valve body, after some time the stem would where allowing some flow through valve body causing overheating even though the zone was not calling for heat, One way to tell would be to isolate that zone by shutting it off with a gate or ball valve
    RJ
  • crazy907ak
    crazy907ak Member Posts: 34
    Ya they are old

Some of them stick some dont but i went to get ahold of a new one and was suprised i could blow through them pretty easily

Besides the wiring being a little confusing im prob going to switch over to taco zone sentry

Anybody recommend these or have had problems with them?

I know taco had problems with their older version but is this a new and better valve
This discussion has been closed.