Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Biasi boiler and Buderus hot water heater.

Options
kochmon
kochmon Member Posts: 9
I am little surprised to see that no one has any comment or suggestions regarding Biasi boiler and Buderus indirect hot water heater. All I need to know if it's worth installing. Thank you.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    gee...

I guess i don't count. What is the specific model of indirect? The s120 is just ok. They need to add more insulation to it....the standby losses on that model are a bit high.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    I like em

but a 5 section....................what's the heat loss?
  • kochmon
    kochmon Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Biasi and Buderus

Sorry Kcopp. I did not mean to ignore you. What i was surprised was the plumber told me that Biasi and Buderus are one of the best brand and yet no one other you  and one other person responded. Thanks to both of you but we did not do any heat loss calculation. How to do that??
  • R Mannino
    Options
    Google

heat loss calculation, then have a tape measure handy and some time. It'll tell you what size boiler you really need.
  • hmulter
    hmulter Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Boiler sizing

How many zones do you have and how many feet of baseboard do you have on each zone?

How many gallons of oil do you burn on average each year.  what is the efficiency of your current boiler? What is your zip code? With this information I can come up with a heat load for your current system so you can help you properly size the new boiler.
  • R Mannino
    Options
    House Currently

has two hydronic zones piped in 1/2" pipe and a furnace that will be replaced with hydroair. The present HWH is down and leaking and will need an indirect. The zip is 11590, any three section boiler should do it.
This discussion has been closed.