Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zone 3 - Way Too Hot

Options
E3A
E3A Member Posts: 1
I have a Carrier Infinity ICS furnace that was installed in 2010 when the house was built. I have 3 zones in the house.

Zone 1 is the entire first floor

Zone 2 is the second floor hallway and 3 bedrooms

Zone 3 is the master suite.

This winter I've run into an issue where Zone 3 is being heated even though it shouldn't be. I keep the thermostat in that zone at 60, day and night. However, this morning it was 70 degrees in there. It seems that when the heat comes on for one of the other zones, I'm also getting heat in Zone 3. This morning it was blowing hot air out like crazy even though the thermostat was set to 60 degrees.

My duct work in the attic and in the basement have small blue boxes on them. I assume these are automatic damper controllers - but I'm not a heating pro by any means. Would one of these be the culprit? If one of them was stuck open would that cause this issue?

I understand this heating system has a big computer brain behind it - could there be an issue with that?

I appreciate any assistance!

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    zones

blue boxes are not ringing a bell for me. What brand, model zones, control panel for them, where is the dump zone, if any, pics please
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    If you have 3 zones and 3 blue

Boxes that's them. If you look closely they should have a "open" and "shut" with a arrow on them. Also the zone controller should have lights indicating witch zone is calling.
This discussion has been closed.