Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett Auqasmart and OVD

I recently purchased a beckett aquasmart and a field controls oil vent damper and i noticed in the aquasmarts directions they say remove jumper wire on six pin connector if using vent damper. The ovd didnt come with six pin connector but does have optional wire harness that i could purchase prob not locally though. In the beckett aquasmarts directions it also mentions that if i remove jumper the device will only work with vent damper and can never work again without one even if jumper is replaced.

Is there a way of wiring it without six pin connector?

Am i understanding this correctly or are the referring to a burners auto vent like in a riello

burner ?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Gas

That is for the 24V Aquasmart,gas only
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • crazy907ak
    crazy907ak Member Posts: 34
    Thanks you

Didnt pay enough attention to 7600 AorB
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Circ off delay

Aquasmart has circ off delay. Much better to purge the residual heat at end of cycle to the house than using a vent damper
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    System 2000

If you read their literature, you'll see that purging residual heat to the home increases efficiency.
This discussion has been closed.