Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

best choice

Options
could i get some opinions from some of you fellas out there on the best replacement boiler for my own home. I am also in the business but i have a lot of respect for the guys that reply to this site. I have a boiler system with only baseboard nothing else. I would possibly consider adding DHW. My question is should I consider staying away from a mod/con boiler as my supply temps will obviously be higher. I would apprectiate any recommended products if that is acceptalble to do on this forum

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Yes

A mod con will save you and still condense in the shoulder seasons. Just make sure to pick one that comes through with outdoor reset most of them do. If you have too much baseboard you can bring the temps down and still condense. Even in when its not condensing you will still be around 90% eff.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Boiler choice

Take a look at the condensing boilers from Triangle Tube. Prestige Solo (heat only) and Prestige Excellence ( heat and domestic hot water all in one delivers 180 GPH of domestic hot water) have a stainless steel heat exchanger that is self cleaning as it condenses. Other boiler companies are now using a similar heat exchanger. These boilers come with outdoor reset control. If you need more domestic hot water look at using their Prestige Solo boiler with their Smart stainless steel indirect hot water heater. Models from 30 to 120 gallons. Triangle Tube also has a Challenger Combi boiler and domestic hot water all in one unit. This boiler has a aluminum heat exchanger and also comes with a outdoor reset control. Have a heat loss done on the house. If you want to run lower water temps in copper baseboard if you can add more baseboard. You can replace the copper baseboard with the new Synergy copper baseboard from Sterling. This baseboard can deliver almost 600 BTU AT ONLY 150* F supply water temp. Check it out at http://www.sterlingheat.com/modules/lit_lib/download.asp?litFileID=2640
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Can't Answer

The question without doing a room by room heat loss, emitter measurements per zone. All condensing boilers are self cleaning to a point but all still need maintenance for optimal efficiency.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.