Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Consumer Boiler Purchasing Preferences

GordoG
GordoG Member Posts: 15
Do consumers have brand preferences or brand loyalty when purchasing new boilers? How important to consumers is the contractor/installer and/or location or boiler features when buying a new boiler? I'm just curious about buying habits. When I go go home improvement shows I ask many questions based on the knowledge I have from manufacturer websites, books and the Main Wall. If a contractor doesn't give good answers or straight talk, I walk away. I also have to feel comfortable talking with any contractor. Thanks for any replies. 

Comments

• Smith19
    Smith19 Member Posts: 108
    preferences

From what I understand, when we go to the wall and adjust the thermostat we don't generally care what sequence goes on in what boiler/furnace. people just want heat. quite a few homeowners do care, and tend to go with Weil Mclain, Buderus, and Burnham (sometimes Lochinvar) for replacements. NEVER buy a boiler marketed as maintenance-free. most times consumers follow the lead, and wind up replacing the unit a year later.

Cheers
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Absolutely!

How do most people make any major purchase decision today? Read online ratings/reviews,the problem with boilers as we all know is the install is the difference! To a consumer used to buying computers,refrigerators etc. a boiler is the same thing. How that mindset is dealt with determines whether you succeed or fail
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.