Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McLain Won't fire

Options
Dsal
Dsal Member Posts: 2
I have a Weil-Mclain Gold CGi, 12 years old.

I woke up to cold house, to find the boiler wasn't lighting.  Green Power light is on in the Control module.  No flashing codes.  I do have a Taco switch relay and 4 zones.  It acts like I have a loose wire as when I move a wire attached to it, the boiler tries to refire.  It cycles through but doesn't go to flame.  The stat/circ begins blinking along with a series of clicks, then all lights go dark with the exception of the power light.  I replaced the toggle switch, made sure ground wires were tight.  Turned all thermostats off.  Disconnected primary thermsostat and connect wires to rule out primary thermsostat in house.  Nothing.  I was moving the wires around between switch and relay box and it was resetting, as it would I would hold wire in place where (I am under the impression) it caused the boiler to recycle.  I would hold wire in place assuming I was creating good contact somewhere(?) but it would do same cycle thru and kick off as described above.  I checked connection and all seems connected... not sure where to go next.

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Jump

the thermostat connection at the boiler.
This discussion has been closed.