Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radon

zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
i am a mechanical contractor that recently bought a house that has a fan for radon.the fan is mounted on the outside of the house and runs 24/7.it has a u tube manometer mounted on the pipe that measures the pressure.my question is does anyone know of a control that could measure the radon level and turn this fan on and off as needed, rather then having it run all the time?i thought about putting a time clock on it and having it on for 12 hours and then off for 12 hours,but do not know if this is the best way to go.also how is the level of radon measured? i know it is not ppm,i keep seeing bq/m3, but have yet to find what this measurement is short for. thanks.

Comments

• BillW
    BillW Member Posts: 198
    edited October 2012
    Radon mitigation fan

The measurement I am familiar with is the picocurie for radon.  The fans typically run constantly, since the rate of release of radon cannot be predicted. Any idea of how high the radon level was before the system was installed?  Is it exhausting a floating slab or a sump ?  How are the components of the system?  Lots of radon systems were installed by "quick buck" artists when radon was the hot topic, and may need upgrading or replacement.  Check your local or state codes to find if a 12 hour duty cycle is OK. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.