Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CONDENSER JUST WENT-NEED SUGGESTIONS??

Options
My condenser just went after 9yrs, rheem 10 Seer R-22. Looking for a great replacement to work with my existing coil (ADP) and lines. If I have to go to 410 I will. I live in SE massachusetts and less than 2yrs ago put in new buderus boiler w/logmatic and outdoor reset along with htp 160 indirect. So you know I'm serious!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Straight cooling or do I involve a heat pump with existing outdoor reset?? Stick with R22 replace or 410? One brand over another re: Seer? Thank you for your time, and have a great day!!

Jack

Comments

• John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Dry unit

If you want to reuse the coil, better stay with a "dry" unit that can be filled with R22. It won't be ideal as the evap was likely sized for the 10 SEER outdoor unit. A model # would tell. Adding a R22 expansion valve would help but still the coil may not have the refrigerant capacity to get 13 SEER and full capacity out of the dry unit.

You can reuse the lines on 410, I sure don't recommend reusing evaps.

We've got a couple customers with HPs and boilers. Makes sense to me if electric rates are decent but does add to the first cost and you sure don't want to reuse an evap with a heat pump.

In a mild area, don't get carried away with SEER. Find the best dealer and use his brand. Getting a good job is hard to do.
This discussion has been closed.