Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low delta t

I have a trane 2 ton heat pump on a carrier oil furnace my delta t is only 9. Suction and discharge pressures are at 445. The compressor is drawing about 8 amps and my temp going into the indoor coil is 160. Reversing valve in and out temps are within spec. I'm leaning towards to much air flow over the coil, bad valves in the compressor or a txv failure.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Not sure

what you have here.What freon? 160* freon line temp going into the indoor coil in the heating mode? What outdoor temp? No way ,will the lo/ hi side press be the same w/o a major problem in the system! Double check your gauge connection ports locations for use in the heating mode.And it sure seem like low amps for a 2t -2horse power system.Is this heating system setup for two stage heating?
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Huh?

Suction and discharge the same? Sounds like you don't even have your hoses on the right places!
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Silence???

It baffles me that when someone asks a question, there is silence at the other end.  Not sure if they are expecting immediate answers and comments, or the person has lost interest.  Not much of a big deal, but when this forum puts in time to answer the question and research the problem, it seems like a waste of time.

My .02

Mike T.
  • Techman
    P.C. Mike P.C.

lol
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    IN all fairness

I have posted a question and for some reason could never get back on the thread to reply once someone asked a question.I assumed it was my old comp along with dail-up.lol
  • Techman
    edited October 2012
    What?

don ,most of us'es ARE mechanics trying to help each other get better .W/O a back input it is KindaSorta fustrating as Mike .T said. I have yet to read ANYBODY saying "you are dumb" or "you don't belong here" so a LITTLE  back and forth is what this is ALL about.For myself ,I like going to my LIBRARY to check out what I don't recall. All of you's and me ARE NOT A PROFESSOR SILBERSTEIN. So my wrench to your wrench ,what's wrong with your socket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not lol.

This is NOT directed to you don since you usually do have something to say.
This discussion has been closed.