Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil is Astronomical...Is it practical to put a dual fuel Burner on our WM478 Boiler?

Athana
Athana Member Posts: 104
Or is it simply more sensible to change this 400,000btu Steam Oil Boiler for a Gas Fired one..or even a 320,000 btu gas Boiler (oil supplier measured our radiators & said this is the aprox boiler size he comes up with). I was hoping to use gas for 4 or 5 days..switch to oil to dry out chimney as Im hoping not to have to reline it for gas use. If oil ever goes down again switch to that etc. Possible?

What is price estimate aprox to just change burner to gas...change entire Boiler..change WM to Dual Fuel?

Thank You

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Pricing

We don't discuss pricing here. Where are you located? Maybe somebody can give you an estimate.
  • Athana
    Hillside NJ
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Hillside

Didn't you email me once? Would you like me to stop by and offer some help?
  • Athana
    Yes

I did ..you are in Rahway..a couple of exits away.

I was looking for a solution to a couple of rooms not heating ..and to install a cast iron radiator & replace Slant Fin...but it was installed this Tuesday & im getting a larger Gorton #2 vent on that line this week mailed from Pex.

Still not sure if this solution(larger Vent) will work getting Steam to next room & one above it though?

The Burner conversion was suggested to me by one guy who estimated we'd save nearly 1/2 to heat this house converting to gas.

If you can come & look when you have time it would be good.(973-782-3420) Thank You Nick & Gloria
This discussion has been closed.