Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler sizing

Options
rich67
rich67 Member Posts: 21
I was wondering if the kind people here could estimate what size hot water boiler I would need.

Also, what's your favorite brand?

I have a 960 sqft ranch in northern NJ. There's a baseboard heating loop on the main floor and a baseboard loop in the walk out basement. I have an Amtrol 45 gal hot water maker. All on zone valves with a Taco circulator.

A rough estimate considering average heat losses for this size home. There's nothing special about the house it's sealed up fairly well.

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    heat loss

Rich, that's tough to do based on the information you gave. If you could draw out a basement and first floor floor-plan showing the layout (windows and doors) and the baseboard locations and lenghts that would help. we also need to know about exterior wall thickness (2x4 or 2x6 etc.) what types of insulation in walls and attic, as well as the grade of the yard (what parts of the house are above or below grade). With this info we can give you a very close estimate.

Rob 
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Estimate

I'm in NJ. I can offer you an estimate. Check out my info and give me a call.
This discussion has been closed.