Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

410 n high outdoor temps

Are you guys having any issue with the condenser cycling on high pressure switch? I have had acouple recently charge ok.I think we all assume that it could be a issus.Not seeing a non-condensible issue either.

I am hearing from other in my area the same thing is happening to them.I guess i should speak with the guys in texas and see if they can enlighten me.

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Non Here.

Haven't had any similar problems.  Saw head pressures approaching 400psi though.  What is your hi press. rated for?  90* days in the east.

Mike T.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    How high is high?

We just came off some 105° days with no problems here. 
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    High press. trip

Don does the high pressure switch trip when you are looking at it?  Wondering if it is tripping at the psi labeled on the switch.  I have seen these switches trip prematurely before.  I'm not a big fan of factory tap hi and lo pressure switches.  Just throwing this out there, do you think the cond. fan motor possibly overheating??? I doubt it, but tell me what ya think.

Mike T.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Good Point Mike

That's a good point on the factory tap switches. We just had a Goodman that we couldn't get to run. Another company installed it, couldn't keep it running. The GC called us (we are his normal mechanical contractor, this guy was the low bidder). My tech fought it for several hours before her realized that someone had put a HP switch from an R-22 dry unit on this 410 condenser. Lucky find.

Take a look. We can't be the only ones to have found this.
This discussion has been closed.