Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking to learn refrigeration

Options
Hi All,

I'm looking for some suggestions of books, blogs, videos, etc.... to help me better understand refrigeration systems for both heating/airconditioning and cooler applications.  Maybe like a "Modern Hydronics" for the refrigeration world.  I'm from the wholesale industry and am decent with hydronics, but am looking to step it up on the refigeration side.  Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Sam

It's great that you have shown an interest in HVAC and reading books is great.  Alot can be learned and this field is always updating.  I would suggest a course in Refrigeration as there is a lot of engineering theory and physics that must be understood or at least able to be referenced to apply it to the craft. Especially today, there is no guessing or close enough.  You'd better be able to back up your installs and be able to perform calculations just to get the said rebate promo's the manufacturers offer.

Mike T. 
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited July 2012
    Options
    sam try S.A.M.

Hay Mike T. Don't forget to add R.S.E.S. -ServiceApplicationManuals(been learning from them for 30+ years) and OUR own guru(Professor Silberstein) has a book or two or three available  for indulging in! And I have indulged!
  • sam_13
    sam_13 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks

Thanks for the info.  There appears to be alot of info on that RSES site.  Good stuff!
This discussion has been closed.