Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Storing copper fittings

NYplumber
NYplumber Member Posts: 503
What do you store your copper fittings in for service work?

The small home depot containers can't carry more than a dozzen of each due to size.

Ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance.
:NYplumber:

Comments

• TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    I use stuff sorters

one for each size up to 1 inch. They work ok and you always have that spare bucket handy.

http://www.stuffsorter.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?product=Bucket_Organizers
    CBRob
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited July 2012
    Storing stuff.

I like the 4 draw per cabinet setup for service.These are O.D. sizes.1st draw 1/4-3/8-1/2,next is 5/8,then 3/4 and then one draw for all 7/8 ell's ,like 7/8 ell's & street's (long radius ,short radius,plumber radius ,reducing 90's & f x f 90's ) All neat & organized & easy to check inventory.Next cabinet is 1st draw for all other 7/8 fittings ,one draw for 1 1/8 ells' ,one draw for all other 1 1/8 fittings ,then 1 3/8 .The draws have locking tops and carry handle.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    buckets

are really handy. The bucket itself is handy for filling purging, catching a leak, etc. Keep some of the "bucket seats" to convert the bucket into a comfortable seat, and some of the rubber handle covers.

There are different types of bins, some hold more product but less of a handle, as shown.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

We used to use the plastic milk crates with milk containers in them. You open up the top of the milk container all the way and wash it out. I can't remember if we cut off the top or folded it in on itself. A standard milk crate hold 9 of these, so we'd have one for 1/2", one for 3/4", etc. Worked well for installs. And they stack well too.
This discussion has been closed.