Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

low volt shorts

is there any sites, liteture etc. on test procedures for troubleshooting shorts, opens etc. in ac/ heat low volt circuits.

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Good Q: Paul

Not that I have seen.  I guess I could make one if I had a dig, video cam.  It's really not that hard, just need to understand what should happen vs what happens when a short is suspected.

Mike T.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Bermuda?

Just a Q here, what is the difference between a short and a ground? How do you define each one?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Short's

Either way, its a short, but a basic short wire to wire or "Ground"  Wire to ground.  When some wires short to ground, multiple wires are affected and multiple readings show up.  Either way the problem's have to be corrected.  Same w/ comp.  winding to winging or short to ground,....also Shorts causing instant chaos.

Mike T.
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    lol

That a good question tech man.To me i think of a short as a conductor with a voltage drop or loose connection sometime it work other times not.

As for a ground instant trip breaker or blown fuse,or transformer or sparks or even an explosion like a lockup compressor and you stick a hard start on it and it blows a terminal causing a 10ft flame thrower.lol

I like the grounds better easier to pinpoint the problem.
This discussion has been closed.