Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

low suction pressure

Options
Trying to treat a problem AC two air handlers set to one condensor with tees.

That when left on overnight, trips the breaker. when running in the day pressure reads 162/58. Cleaned coils no airflow obstructions. cools the space fine. The condensor may be oversize. I would suspect that the breaker trips when ther is some return liquid due to cooler nights.

two quick fix solutions? Add a condersor fan control to keep pressure higher. or Add a bypass to the compressor and set it to raise the pressure enough or is there a self regulating valve that can do this with prescision. Whats your take on this??

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Info.

Need some more info.  Describe the system, include temps in and out, and what application is it being used in?  Check the size of cond. and evap because you said it might be over sized.  All vital info required to help you out.  Also, the breaker tripping has nothing to do with slugging liquid.  If so your valves would be gone.  Give some amp draw readings and equipment ratings. 

Mike T.
  • mor
    mor Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2012
    Options
    More info

Thanks. The comp is rated at 25a draw I usually get 24 start going down to 20. seems to be a 5 or 6ton [based on size and a 60 model number] used for AC feeding two air handlers 2 & 3 ton no txv  which both are always on. The first time I touched the cond I tripped the breaker by twice actuating the contactor. I added a delay to prevent the Tstat from doing that.

At some point in testing I did get 125a draw on start. The customer says this was always a problem job with the breaker tripping after two or three days on, now it's gotten worse that you can't have the unit on overnight. ???? Thank you
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Tripping breaker

Does the comp have "hard start components"? With 162/58 psig what was the in/out temps?What size and type of C.B. is there?
This discussion has been closed.