Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vac pump oil

Having a brain cramp here this am. Does a 410a system vac pump require any special pump oil or is the standard stuff ok?

Comments

• Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Yes indeed

You can use whatever oil is recommended by the vacuum pump manufacturer. Just keep in mind that manufacturers often recommend replacing the vacuum pump oil before (and after) each use.

By replacing the oil after each use, you are reducing the amount of moisture stored in the pump between jobs. If you are doing a ton of air conditioning work and the pump is in constant use, replacing the oil before use is fine (at least in my opinion).

Have fun!
    Eugene
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Two pumps.

Jack. I am a little different. i do enough A/C to justify two pumps. I keep one for new installs only. I don't change the oil as often, but it also doesn't see the contaminants that the other one does.

The second one, I use for repair work and swaps. I change that oil after every use. Because it sees some nasty stuff.

Hope everything is going well.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Thanks, guys

My daughter bought a house in LA. What that means for me is that I now have another house to take care of;) it is only 450 miles away!!! Mine is a once used vac pump and that use was probably 3yrs ago, so hence my brain cramp. The house is only about 1000sq ft so I'm popping a 24 kbtu Dual Fujitsu with two 12k evaps in for her. Tore all the duct work from the old system out last trip. I haven't bought a line set in a long while. Holy Smokes...I was blown away at the price of copper.
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Got a good price on the equipment?

Got a good price on the equipment, I presume!

Hope all is well and have a great summer!
    Eugene
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Yes, Gene

I bought this system a few years ago and intended to install it in the MA house. Then I sold the business/house and moved west, so it came with us. Glad to have a spot for it. Going forward, I cannot match that deal.
This discussion has been closed.