Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HTP dealer software fault history issue

Options
Gerry Alder
Gerry Alder Member Posts: 25
Anybody else experiencing this issue with fault history "read from file"? Or is it just my laptop? I routinely save the fault history and reset fault history table while servicing HTP boilers.

A small inconvenience I recently have on the most recent version 6.8 is trying to read the fault history files only in 926 the 925 works well. When I click fault history then click read from file choose a file name and open the fault history everything shows zeros , I thought the info was all lost.

I found a trick to open these fault history files. Here is how: first I have to actually connect a control board click fault history click read from controller, then I'm able to disconnect controller and read from any file like normal no problem . My laptop is Toshiba with windows 7.

I have checked with others locally but they don't save fault histories. I asked tech. support but no answers yet. I did uninstall version 6.7 before setup of version 6.8

One thing I missed having on the 6.7 version was the reset table button , well the 6.8 version has it fixed.

Any one else having this read from file issue? All zeros.
ENJOY YOUR HEAT AND HOT WATER.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    HTP Software:

I downloaded the latest software and I can't even start it. I get fault/error messages on start up. I have Windows 7.
  • Gerry Alder
    Gerry Alder Member Posts: 25
    Options
    I wish I knew computers well enough to help you.

I'm sure this is easy routine stuff for computer techies but I have found it difficult to setup HTP Programmer especially first time and sometimes later.( As I am a plumber who struggles with most computer stuff.) Certain tech. support guys at HTP have helped me in the past on new laptop first time setup . The HTP Programmer Setup instructions usually helps too . I only get the program from HTP website since I always had problems with copies not working.

Good luck.
    ENJOY YOUR HEAT AND HOT WATER.
  • Jr_12
    Jr_12 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Software

Make sure you have the newest version..revision1/release10 and also make sure you run as admin. otherwise you could run into issues
  • HTP_TS1
    HTP_TS1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Options
    HTP dealer software showing a blank fault history

Gerry -

We have tested the problem that you described and we are seeing the same results in the latest version (Rev 001 Rel 010).  It appears that you did determine the very simple workaround as well.  We will push this to the proper folks to try to get it addressed in the next version.

- HTP Tech Support

PS. For the version of the software we go by the Rev and Rel that is on the starting splash screen where you pick the board platform and the product.
This discussion has been closed.