Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Firebird...

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
I was at a tradeshow on Friday and it appears that QHT is bringing in the Firebird oil Boiler to the US. Has anyone seen these...or installed any? I had heard of them from the UK. It uses a high pressure Riello burner w/ a yellow flame, condensing boiler 91.5% afue and it uses a polyproplyene liner.

Comments

• kcopp
    Not surprised....

That Alan had sometihing. I should have looked there 1st.  It is steel w/ some stainless in it. I have my doubts on the direct vent set up as  other boiler mfg. have worked w/ this set up and "failed". They don't really push the outdoor reset. Strange. I figured a tekmr 260 would be perfect for that boiler. QHT is right down the street from me...
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Pinnacle

While I love the idea,what makes this different than the Pinnacle? Sales died when the tax credit went away, for the right application both of these make sense. I'm just not sure the market wants something like this,in fact it doesn't want anything that burns oil!

As far a venting, the Pinnacle is the best DV boiler I've ever seen and I have no doubt the Firebird will just as good if not better. They are purpose built to vent like this,unlike the USA boilers that get slathered in RTV and called DV! I agree about the ODR,the Beckett AquaSmart with ODR would be my preference.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Re: Firebird

What are the odds this was posted on the 4th and I was in front of this boiler on the 3rd?! I spent this past weekend with my close friend George Perrelli, who just installed one of these boilers. He is currently utilizing the Beckett AquaSmart control and will be adding their wireless ODR to it.

I’d be happy to keep you all posted if you’d like?

I’m working with QHT to get a Firebird here in the Hudson Valley. If that happens I’ll keep you all posted on that as well.  
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • kcopp
    were you....

in New Hampshire last Friday?
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    RE: Were you in NH

kcopp, The answer is no. I was on the phone with them discussing this.
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
This discussion has been closed.