Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello 40

Duff
Duff Member Posts: 61
Can someone tell me if the air shutter can be adjusted on the Riello 40 burner. It is hydraulic and comes off the oil pump?  I wanted to give a little more air to the burner.

Would also like to know how do you dead end the pump so when the burner is off you can see if it stays within 20% of the 145 PSI. I tapped into the purge connection and when the burner was shut off the pressure went down to Zero. I think it  was because the air shutter  line was connected to the oil pump.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    hydraulic jack

that is your combustion air adjustment, and shouldn't be changed without testing combustion. Is there now a leak at the pump fitting? There are steel and or copper washers that have to be replaced if you have loosened it. That fitting is also the pump bleeder, and will accept a pressure gauge. Unless you have all those parts on hand, I would not experiment.
  • Duff
    Duff Member Posts: 61
    had a trace of smoke

Hi Bill, yes I had my pressure gauge on the bleed port and was doing a tune up. Did a smoke test and had a trace and wanted to get it to zero to allow for a saftey margin. I didn't want to mess with the hydralic jack.
This discussion has been closed.