Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello Burner ???

Options
Duff
Duff Member Posts: 61
Need some help.. I have to tune up my first Riello Burner. I've done Beckett, Carlin but never a Riello. Some questions...

1 - to connect the pressure gauge to check oil pump pressure....do I need a different type of gauge setup then the coppertube with the flare nut? I usually disconnect the discharge line from the pump and dead end it with a gauge to check pressure.

2 - Is the hardware all metric around the Burner and does the 40F5 Riello oil pump have an internal strainer like the Suntec?

Any other hints you could offer would be great.

Thanking you in advance,   Dennis

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    whole different ball game

you will need the fitting and washers to test the pump pressure on these. It is not done with the nozzle line. There is also a strainer, and advisable to get one with the "O" ring and not the flat gasket. If you have never worked on a Riello, i would learn about it first. The screws are Metric, and parts are not generally off the shelf items. I would watch for Riello training probably coming your way?  Alan from Oil Tech Talk would be the one to check with on this.
  • Duff
    Options
    thanks for the help

thanks Bill will take your advise
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    sounds like

you got some good basic knowledge, but that is a breed in itself. They are a great burner, very trouble free, and built to last, but personally I am a Beckett/Carlin guy myself.
  • Duff
    Options
    took your advice

Thanks again Bill, I sent Alan an E-mail this morning to sign up for a class so things are in motion. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.