Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

York

P2UR020N09501A ,bad board , replaced with a W/R 50A55B43 . Fan runs all the time , yes its wired right . Is this the right board?

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Hay Jim

ask Tim McElwin,he will know .
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    I Agree

I tried to find some stuff out about this and came up dry. You might want to recheck your numbers though. The model of the unit is, I believe, P2UR(D)20N09501A and the number on the board is W/R 50A55(8)43.

Hope this helps!
    Eugene
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    open limit

open limit = fan on

G input = fan on
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    York problems

I have a York PC9C16N080UP11. It is a full modulating furnace that modulates both the fan speed and combustion with an outdoor sensor. Last february, the unit fan went into cooling mode (single yellow pulse) while the burner was on and it was 0F. The thermostat even when on the off would not shut the unit. I replaced the board. We checked polarity and the ground, everything is OK!Last summer during 80F weather the burner turned on! I disconnected the thermostat and it still called for heat while cooling! I changed the board again. Dec 29, it was 4F and the unit went again into cooling mode with the fan on at high speed. I tried the thermostat (WR) in fan auto, fan on, heat and off, but it still stayed on. I shut the power and tapped the transducer that measures the fan pressure. Repowered the unit and it is fine. 5.30AM, it is incooling mode again. I tried the ame procedure with no result. 3 hours later it is back to normal operations. It was good for a few days and again it acted up into cooling mode. I have a new board but nobody from York here has any answers!

BTW, I have also replaced three air switch (made in Costa Rica) in three years and two combustion blowers. The local distributor is baffled and so am I.

Am I the only one with board problems?
  • furnacefigher15
    York mod furnace

Is this a hybrid heat pump system? Or just a furnace and a/c.

Sounds like you have a intermittent short between the W and Y circuits. If you get the burner running in cooling mode, and the outdoor unit running during heating mode.

If you have a heat pump that changes everything.

That furnace uses a supply sensor for fan modulation to maintain a 120 +- 10 degree supply temp in heat mode and a timed step algorithm to ramp the firing rate.

If what you have is just the furnace not firing and it feels like cool air, that is not the same as running in cooling mode.
  • Henry
    York full mod

It is a full modulation (gas modulates and blower modul;ates) with an outdoor sensor and AC  only. Coming home SUnday from an overnight, there was no heat. None of the lights on the board were lit or flashing. Cut the power and waited one minute and then put the power back on. Everything worked normally untill this morning, no heat. The same sequence was used and we have heat.

The distributor called today and is sending two techs tomorrow afternoon.

It is baffling!
  • furnacefigher15
    I don't understand

what the outdoor sensor is for.

I have the same furnace, and the only outdoor sensor there is, is for the humidifier.

If I were trouble shooting that problem, I'd be looking at the thermostat, and the wiring between the stat an the furnace.
  • Henry
    Wrong pin plug

The outdoor sensor works with the WR digital thermostat.

We checked everything from polarity, ground, amperage and voltage. The new board comes with a variety of plug modules that have several wiring configurations. I was supposed to have a black wired one and instead had a white wired one. There were no spare plugs with the replacement board, previously. We replaced the white with black. We also checked the junction box and found an overheated wire on the Black wire side. We replaced the discoloured wiring and hard wired a ground.

So far it is working normally.
  • Henry
    No heat

Well, it did not last long, no heat this morning. Yellow light is on but nothing is working.
  • furnacefigher15
    Henry

Did they test the thermostat, and its wiring? If you were actually getting cooling when in heat mode, and heating when in cooling mode, there is nothing other than a short in the control wiring, or a short in the thermostat that can cause that.

THE FURNACE DOES NOT CONTROL THE COOLING OPERATIONS IN ANY WAY.

Call another York dealer, and get this taken care of. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes will do the trick.
  • Henry
    Another set of eyes

It got cold this weekend. Saturday AM, the furnace went into factory mode: 3 flashing green. I repowered the unit as per instructions. Several hours later it showed 2 yellow (heat demand) and 14 green. I rebooted. Two hours later 1 Yellow (cooling) and 14 green fan again at high speed.I rebooted. Several hours later 2 yellow and 14 green. Rebooted for the night. Sunday am, no heat board is dead. Rebooted. Several hours later 2 yellow 14 green. Rebooted and tapped the transducer. It was until the next morning.

The top York installer came by at noon yesterday. He spent 2 1/2 hours checking everything. He disconnected the cooling wires for the thermostat. He asked the distributor to check if there were any issues with WR progrtammable thermostats and the York. Negative so far. This morning the board was dead no heat. Rebooted it again. It does not seem to be the thermostat.

Can someone give me a York contact name and number?
  • furnacefigher15
    MOD FURNACE

"It got cold this weekend. Saturday AM, the furnace went into factory mode: 3 flashing green. I repowered the unit as per instructions."

3 GREEN = ERROR CODES CLEAR, ALSO MEANS 100 % FIRING RATE. FACTORY MODE IS FORCED MANUALLY BY A CERTAIN SEQUENCE OF BUTTON PUSHING

" Several hours later it showed 2 yellow (heat demand) and 14 green. I rebooted. ''

THIS MEANS CALL FOR HEAT AND 1400 CFM ON ECM MOTOR

WAS IT HEATING?

WHY DID YOU REBOOT? WHAT WAS IT DOING?

"Two hours later 1 Yellow (cooling) and 14 green fan again at high speed.I rebooted. Several hours later 2 yellow and 14 green. Rebooted for the night. Sunday am, no heat board is dead. Rebooted."

"Several hours later 2 yellow 14 green. Rebooted and tapped the transducer. It was until the next morning."

WHY TAP THE TRANSDUCER? WAS THERE A PRESSURE SWITCH FAULT?

'"The top York installer came by at noon yesterday. He spent 2 1/2 hours checking everything. He disconnected the cooling wires for the thermostat. He asked the distributor to check if there were any issues with WR progrtammable thermostats and the York. Negative so far. This morning the board was dead no heat. Rebooted it again. It does not seem to be the thermostat."

WHERE WERE THE WIRES DISCONNECTED?

EITHER THEIR IS A SHORT IN THE WIRES TO THE THERMOSTAT, OR THE ONLY OTHER THING THAT MAY CAUSE THESE WEIRD ISSUES IS THE ECM DRIVER HEAD. IT HAS THE HEAT, COOL, AND FAN CONTROLS FEEDING IT ALSO, AND IF SHORTED, IT IS THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE TO CAUSE THE COOLING TO RUN WHEN IT SHOULDN'T. BUT, THAT'S A STRETCH.

"Can someone give me a York contact name and number?"

1-877-874-7378 JOHNSON CONTROLS UNITARY PRODUCTS
  • Henry
    More problems

It was not heating, so I rebooted it. Tapping the transducer seems to help it get normal. The thermostat wires were checked at the thermostat and disconnected at the board.

When I got home yesterday, it was looked out on 5 red: roll out etc.. I reset the roll out which was not tripped and rebooted. It stopped during the night. We had a one hour power failure that reset the furnace so, I had heat this morning!

The owner of the best York outfit is coming by this afternoon. I will then call York. The distributor will probably replace the unit, if he can't find anything. It seems that out 500 units they had 6 go bad.
  • Henry
    New one

It is now showing 5 amber: blocked vent or drain etc.. Nothing is blocked and the fan is on high with heat on high. I am waiting 1 hour on the phone for the York Tech representative with some weird classical in the background (Wagner perhaps).
  • Henry
    edited January 2012
    delete

• furnacefigher15
    Nothing blocked.

How do you know?

5 red, could also be the limit on the inducer motor.

5 amber = heating capacity reduced due to restricted combustion air.

You may have a problem with the vent piping.
  • Henry
    Inducer

I checked everything and the vent is fine. They have ordered a new inducer and will replace it and the board this Saturday morning. They will re-test everything. For now, it is running correctly.  Strange........
  • Henry
    News

The owner of the Yrok install company spent a bit over 2 hours. He tried the new ecm outside the furnace. It did the same thing as the old one. He disconnected Y2 wires. Touching each with a finger of the same hand, the furnace wanted to start! He checked the wiring at the AC unit, thermostat and board. All was OK. It looks like some sort of feedback from the AC board. He changed the main board in the furnace and disconnected all the wires leading to the AC. He will check the AC board in the spring.

For now it is working like a charm even when it got down to 6F.
  • furnacefigher15
    Best of luck

Sound like he may be on the right track.
This discussion has been closed.