Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

10 yr old Riello burner or new Beckett end cone/tube/flange

PDBETTY
PDBETTY Member Posts: 3
I've been told that I need a new end cone, tube and flange for my 1986 Magic Chef oil furnace since the Beckett AF end cone is cracked and I just had the blower replaced but it doesn't want to start well or stay running w/o using a smaller than recommended nozzle..

I have the option of an entire 10 yr old working Riello 40F3 burner or NEW Beckett end cone/tube/flange install for approx the same price.

What would everyone's advice be if it were you?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Beckett Vs Riello:

I would go with the Beckett parts unless you find that a Riello is approved for your furnace. The Riello is a very hot burner and may byrn right through the HX. The Becket won't. If it came with the furnace.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Please check...

Your heat exchanger also. The blower for you warm air, through a cracked heat exchanger, could be blowing back, or blowing out your flame.
    steve
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    use a flame mirror

you will most likely find that the chamber has failed in the front, and burnt thru
  • Gary_17
    Gary_17 Member Posts: 37
    A cracked end cone

is easily replaced without replacing the tube and flange. If the tube is damaged enough so that the end cone can't be replaced on it there is probably a bigger problem such as a cracked heat exchanger.
This discussion has been closed.