Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

akpmppro

Options
Alaskan Project Management Professional - seeking good training information for learning refrigeration. Chillers, fluid coolers, condensers, evaporators and associated piping, valves, and controls.  Do you have a good place to start?  Liebert ACs, CRACs, and fluid coolers, and Innovent Air Handling Units and fluid coolers are the basis of design for the current project I am managing.

Help me out:)  I don't deal with cooling as much as I do heating here in Alaska.  Thanks!

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    You need to buy and read

to read Air Conditioning and Refrigeration by ARI

if you are an RSES member, rses.org has online sam manuals which is a good place to learn.

Also, if you have the service manuals for the equipment, liebert usually has very good technical reference material.
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Options
    You Might Want to Try...

The referenced ARI book published in January of 2004, making the material somewhat outdated. If you can wait about 4 weeks, this book will be publishing in mid February:

http://www.cengage.com/search/productOverview.do?Ntt=eugene+silberstein||9781111644475&N=16&Ns=P_CopyRight_Year%7C1&Ntk=all%7C%7CP_Isbn13

If you can't wait, the 6th Edition, which published in 2008, is available.

Happy reading and good luck!
    Eugene
  • akpmppro
    akpmppro Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Chillers - Reading Suggestions

Thanks Eugene!  I appreciate your input.  I will pick up that resource.
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    Chillers

For chillers, it is best to read the specifics for the manufacture(s) you are dealing with.

Most, if not all chillers have available service manuals that in detail describe operations, and to some extent service procedures.

Chillers are not meant to be tinkered with by just anyone. Most can be extremely finicky to even those who work on them everyday.

The best thing you can do for a chiller is keep a daily or more frequent operational log to see what is normal for the machine in the particular application.

When something is out of line, there is likely some kind of trouble.
  • akpmppro
    akpmppro Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Chillers

Thanks for the advice.  I'll keep that in mind with these units we are installing.
This discussion has been closed.