Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus

Billspag
Billspag Member Posts: 2
I read an older post debating riello vs. the NX on the buderus . I am leaning toward a 115ws/3 the heat loss that was done on my house by Two different supply houses came up withh 65000 net . Is the 3 section going to be enough with the 32 gallon buderus indirect.. My other concern is the burner the riello scares me as I have never worked on them . On the other hand I have worked on the NX on two friends weil mclain ultra but have never worked on Buderus . I have only heard good things of buderus and this is for my house . all help appreciated

Thanks Bill

Comments

• R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    The NX

is quieter than the Riello in the G115 and runs smoother in my opinion. You'll have enough hot water with the 3 section, prioritize the DHW if you have concerns.
  • Mac_R
    Mac_R Member Posts: 117
    NX

NX all the way.  If you have not worked on a Riello then don't start until you have had the training.  They are really touchy on how you set them up.  They are a good burner.  However you need experience with them before you start working on them.  Plus the Riello uses all proprietary parts.  Nothing off the shelf.  The NX uses all Becket off the shelf parts that any tech should have on the truck. 

With the Buderus please use the 2107 Logamatic.  That is what makes a Buderus a Buderus.  The AquaSmart is nice.  But it is not a Logamatic.  Use the BFU with it as well.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    I am a Riello guy, but...

as Mac stated, if you have never worked on them, then go with the NX.

I do a lot of Riello's so they are almost second nature. Agree, spend the money for the 2107, it will pay for itself in fuel savings.

Good luck.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    NX all the way

I also have put a few g115 w nx burner and have had no issue with that set up .I would also have your chimmney checked out a liner kit may be in order being they do run a low stack temp and i personally would rather get a good stainless liner installed rather then try to raise the stack temp it kinda defeats the purpose of the boiler eff.Great 3 pass boiler and do yourself a favore and install a tiger loop on the burner.This is the normal set up that you would see in germany .I use one on all my buderus oil fired boiler with the higher pump pressure and smaller noz it makes good sense also use a regular general filter and also a spin on gerber small nozzles and hi pump pressure can clog a small noz very easy ,hope this helps peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • R Mannino
    Yup

Running a .4 @ 150
  • Mac_R
    nice photo

Nice setup R Mannino.

No outside air?  How did you get the blue cover for your burner?  All I get is the black NX cover. 
  • Mac_R
    After a little over one year running.

This is what I found after I opened the unit.  
  • R Mannino
    Not Outside Enough?

Rustoleum safety blue is pretty much a dead ringer for Buderus Blue.
This discussion has been closed.