Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Controls

Options
Bruce1971
Bruce1971 Member Posts: 4
I have a Brunham V-14a-t boiler, Carlin head with honeywell controls.  I replaced the vitrol water coil and temp/pressure guage in the spring and never really ran the heat since.  I am curious to what my temps should be set at on the controller and also what the, I believe is the cycle control, should be set at.  Since I changed the water coil, I have to keep my controls temp controls set much lower than before.  The oil company service guy had them set at 140 low and 180 hi and the other knob set at 20.  When I have them set there, my temp guage on the furnace gets up to 210 degrees before it shuts down. I think that may be too hi.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Comments

• add
    add Member Posts: 94
    Options
    honeywell aquastat

is probably what your talking about.i would set that hi limit to 160 ,and leave everything else alone.if your temp was reaching 210 you must heard some banging in the pipes.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    temps

You replaced the tankless coil? Side mounted coil? Long capillary R8182H Honeywell control? Is the remote bulb all the way in/bottomed out in the well? If that is the control that you have, it is not uncommon for them to be off close to 20 degrees. Do you have a mixing valve for the coil? If so, 165 low, 185 high, diff of 10, there is a fixed 5 degree differential in those controls, so 10 plus 5 will equal 15 degrees diff
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    triple aquastat

The differential only applies to the low limit. The hi-limit comes into play on a call for heat and should shut the burner down at the setting, then reset after a 10 degree drop in temperature,that is built in, and has nothing to do with the differential. You either have a bad gauge( first choice), bad aquastat, or as stated, poor contact of the capillary tube.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    differential

failed to mention that it only applies to the low limit, thanks Paul. The differential has nothing to do with the over riding temp on the high limit side
This discussion has been closed.