Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question about a honeywell pressuretrol 404 f 1367 setting

Hi,,,I would like to know if you guys could help me I had a steam boiler install a few months ago,,is a crown  Kingston KSZ series steam boiler 4 section ,,,and now on the heating season I see the Boiler Short Cycling  the  water was dirty  and I clean it using MEX ,,,MEX and article that I read from here >.<a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com,,,,it/">http://www.heatinghelp.com,,,,it</a> did help alot,,,I get more hot steam now,,,and I want to know if the pressuretrol  on this boiler was set the right way,,, is a two story house  I took a couple of picture of the honeywell pressuretrol 404 f 1367

I am sending them to see if I could be help or get and idea how to set it up,,I thank you in advance for your help

there is another  pressuretrol is by the relief valve  I don't know if that's set right too.

I want to ask you guys,,,how does this honeywell pressuretrol 404 f 1367  setup works,, ,where it says that the DIFF “Differential is Subtractive”  what do it means,,,,that if  you have MAIN,,,,lets say at  3 psi,,,you have to set the DIFF at 1.5,,,or if you have Main at 2,,,them DIFF  will be 1,,,or if you put Main at 1  them DIFF  be .5,,,is this how is when the say “Differential is Subtractive” is thats the way or I am wrong???

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    cant' read it....

all the pics are blurry
    steve
  • Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,199
    Certainly High

A steam system should cut out on as low a pressure as possible, usually about a pound or two.   Your operating pressuretrol is set very high.  Now why is it set that high?  Lower it and you may not get distribution because of other system piping or venting troubles.  Probably why it's that high.

Lower the main control to about a 1.5 and see how the system performs.  Also check the pigtail to assure that it isn't clogged and check that the controls both work.

Beware, if you lower the new Honeywell snap switch controls too low (all the way to the bottom) they will not operate at all, causing a dangerous condition.
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Is the house maintaining temperature?

The pressure is likely set too high, but that wont cause short cycling.

Do you have a new thermostat as well? If so cycle rate setting may be too high, or if old, the stat may not have been re-calibrated to the new boiler.

Do all radiators get hot?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Short cycling.

In your post, I did not see what you meant by short cycling.  Since many factors can exist in what you are seeing, and were somewhat addressed above, a good preventatine maintenance plan would be a great idea to at least keep a track record of how the system operates on a yearly basis.

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.