Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Logano G215

Cameron
Cameron Member Posts: 5
I work for a small plumbing and heating company and we have been having a problem with a Buderus Logano G215 with a Riello gun on it. The owners have had to hit the reset button twice in the past week. We just cleaned and serviced it a week ago. The factory presets are 1.20 g/h nozzle, we downsized to a 1.00 g/h, head space is 4.00, pump pressure is 150, and I think the air was 4.75. We messed with it today and when we got there it was running very loud. If was tripping off on reset every 6th time, give or take, we went to light it. We messed with it enough to get it where it would start perfectly every time but the smoke test showed it was running like a locomotive. The settings, when we had it running dirty, was a 1.00 g/h nozzle(I believe a 60B), head space was at 4.00, pump pressure was at 160, and the air was at 3.00. The flue pipe wasn't plugged and was clean. The fuel oil was clean and had a steady stream, no air in the lines. Would taking the baffles out do anything for it? Just looking for some good advice, thanks.

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    recommend

I would recommend starting from scratch, put a new nozzle in, also replace your screen on the pump and then set everything back to factory spec (nozzle included).
  • Cameron
    buderus

I thought that would work too but we tried reseting it to factory and it ran worse then it did.
  • Mac_R
    Mac_R Member Posts: 117
    Pump Pressure

150psi sounds low.  I know with the G115 the pressures start at 165.  What G215 do you have?  Are you sure you have the right burner?  You should never down fire a Buderus without talking with Buderus first. 
  • Cameron
    buderus

On the cover for the gun it has the factory pump pressure listed as 150psi. It did run better when we turned the pressure up versus down. I don't have the model number from it only remember it being a logano g215. One of our service techs is out looking at it today. Hopefully he fixes the problem, going to talk to riello. Let you know how it goes.
  • Cameron
    problem solved

The service tech fixed it today. He had to put in a 1.10W nozzle, air to 3.25, head space to 3.5, and pump pressure to 150. Also had to reset electrodes as they were too far forward. Thank you for the suggestions.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    draft readings?

very crucial on that comb. What were the complete combustion results?
This discussion has been closed.