Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

dunkirk quantum 95m-200

Empire_2
Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
I have only used the Q90 series, but The QM series is OK from what I here. You can still pipe Primary/Secondary as illustrated in the installation guide. I prefer it this way unless for some strange reason the space is limited.

Mike T.

Comments

• jim_94
    jim_94 Member Posts: 37
    Dunkirk Quantum 95m-200

Has anyone put one of these in? A customer wants one, so I was wondering what other heating contractors think of them. They say that it doesn't need primary/secondary. We usually deal with Viessmann, so all the condensing boilers we've installed has primary/secondary. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jim
  • Utica 95M-200

Same boiler, I just put one in. I REALLY like this boiler, it is top quality. I'll be posting a picture and more info soon. You don't need primary secondary because it is a condensing boiler and can take the low water return temperatures. Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • schrob
    schrob Member Posts: 1
    1st one a lemon

I put one in my own house to see how it was. Had nothing but problems with it. Replaced almost every component. Every time something failed the rep would say that the replacement had the problem worked out. Finally thought I had it up and running fine when I decided to check everything out a month later. The plugs started to leak and corrode on the main block. Yep the thread sealant was bad. Well they gave me a whole new boiler, paid to switch it out. The new one has been running great without a single problem. Unless your trying to eliminate the chimmney in your house like I was I don't know if its worth the extra money over a basic boiler. that 95 effic. rating drops as your water temp increases. If you have base board heat or radiators that need water temp. of 190 your rating will drop into the 80 plus range. Even though I had all the problems with the first one I would still recommend this boiler if you wanted a direct vent heater and needed the higher water temp. I think all the bugs are worked out now including the thread sealant problem which they admitted to. Going to some training classes for other boilers showed me that each company had some problem that they were working on. 
This discussion has been closed.