Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Entran III

SMI
SMI Member Posts: 1
Wanted to know if anyone knows about a start of a class action for Entran III Thx Tim

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    If any one would know....

It would be David Black, an attorney that I worked with on the E-2 cases..

303-291-2300

If you or anyone you know are experiencing any issues with E-3 David would like to know about that as well.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • GDH
    GDH Member Posts: 1
    not sure what the product I have is.

I'm obviously a little late in this thread, but I live in Alaska, and purchased a house about 8 years ago.  The house was built in 1984, and has about 3000 sq ft downstairs below grade slab with radiant floor heat, along with an oversize 3 car garage.  This has been a nightmare keeping the system running.  We have determined that there are multiple leaks in the slab, causing a large amount of air getting into the system.  I am bleeding the boiler every other night to keep the pumps from burning up.  I've learned what the whistling sound means after replacing 2 pumps at $350 each and get right to bleeding the air out as soon as the noice is present.  I plan on replacing the boiler and the contractor is concerned that the tubes are not oxygen barrior and may have some effect on the stainless steel jackets.  I've attached a picture of the manifold.  I don't know if it is Entran, Onyx or some other brand.  Would appreciate some knowlege on this.

Thanks

GDH
  • Mark Eatherton
    B.E.S.I.

Bio Energy Systems Inc. Long gone with no trace...

And your assumption is correct, no oxygen barrier on the tubing. I believe it is an EPDM rubber, which over time will harden and eventually fail. Suggest you start looking at total system replacement...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    Hoser

Saw some Entran 3 today.

I warned the customer and told them I would get back to them. I am having trouble finding info on it.

It was added to a 1950s copper in ceiling / in floor house. We put a new boiler in this summer, I think my boss deserves a little grief for not adding an air sep, and an auto fill.

I'm wondering with the lack of O2 barrier, am I going to be back there every 2 months trying to purge all the air out with those 60 year old LEAKY globe valves all over that house?

-Andy
  • Mark Eatherton
    E 3 actually had an o2 barrier...

It was made of EVOH, just like all the PEX people used. The problem with all of these hoses is that the oxygen travels a path that is parallel to the barbed fitting. It won't pass thru the walls at a right angle. The more tube circuits, the more barbed fittings, the greater the potential for Oxygen diffusion. And when it starts degrading (oxidation/embrittlement), which it will, the rubber gets brittle and sounds like Rice Crispies when moved.

Bad news when it does that...

Good luck with your venture.

ME
This discussion has been closed.