Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mini spliti

if you want to do a second floor of a home with a mini duct less, and lets say its got 3 to 4 bedrooms and bath. the area calls for 2 tons cooling, is it decent to put it in one bedroom and let it blow thru open doors to other rooms as long as it doesn't exceed the throw distance, since putting them in every room isn't that feasible and costly. i know it  works good because of open floor plan on first floor.i was curious if other contractors have done this.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Sure you can

but,if there is a family dispute and " I don't want to see your face ,EVER AGAIN "is said  and a door closes, and someone sweats ,then what? There are units w/ 3 or 4 evaps out of one cond unit.Or two units w/ 2 evaps.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    A number of ways to do it!

You could us a single evap and use Tjernlund Aireshares to move the air or you could use a bit better lay-out with a two ton multi and use the concealed ducted units and pipe a supply to each room.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Try it

You can start with one unit and give it a try. I prefer using single units instead of multi units anyway unless there just isnt any room outside for the condensers. Because they are variable drive you can oversize within reason. If you find it doesnt do what you want, you can add another later. I have found this to be the best approach, sometimes the people are completely happy other times they call me to have another unit installed. Price is the same, so what have you got to lose. 
This discussion has been closed.