Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

lg mini

anybody ever have lg mini ductless overshoot temp. by alot and running to cold b4 it shuts down. lg said ti try a new thrmistor, and this is a new unit about 10 feet up on the wall. seems crazy also to be sensing temp. in the unit retun air and not down in area like a normal t stat.i have had some other issues with lg and i am thinking of going to figitsu.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    You are not the only one.

I have had some trouble with LG's over the years. Tech support for them is horrible. I stopped using them all together. I am a huge fan of the Fujitsu units.

Good Luck.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    LG Ductless

Is the remote control in line of sight of the indoor blower?
  • MrDucks
    MrDucks Member Posts: 27
    Cooling Mode Or Dehum

???
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Could be mounted to high

I think Fujitsu limits their high wall height to 8or 9' for this very reason. With these inverter minis the actual sensing element is on the evaporator. Check that for LG, but I believe this to be the case. Does LG offer a wired remote for these? That may be your only option. Line of sight for the remote is necessary, but the remote is not a stat. It is a communicator
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    I think the height is an issue

As mentioned, I am in agreement with the theory that the unit is too high on the wall. I have heard from a number of contractors who have mentioned the "overshoot" issue and the one thing they all had in common was the height at which the unit was installed.

I wil place a call to LG this week and see if I can get some answers for you.

All the best.
    Eugene
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    LG

Good morning Professor, any word from LG?
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    LG

Good morning Professor, any word from LG?
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    I need to follow up

Thanks for the kick in the butt!
    Eugene
This discussion has been closed.