Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

MUNCHKIN HEAT PLUMBING

Options
TACMAN
TACMAN Member Posts: 1
I have a Munchkin T50 manufactured in 06. I am going to install myself, however I need some advice. I have 4 pex runs of 250 feet, I want to have a very simple system(plumbing) it is gonna be a closed system just dedicated to floor heating . Can someone send me a picture of a simple system or a drawing of where to actually install the pump. valves ,expansion tank, air seperator and such. There are so many different ideas on the net that I'm kinda confused on which way to start? Also I have a Grundfos pump, do I need a pump relay for a single pump? or does the T50 have this built in? Do I need a mixing valve for this simple system? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much........Tom

Comments

• MikeG
    MikeG Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Install manual

The install manual should cover what you need, expansion tnak, air separtator etc..  You will need to pipe using primary/secondary.  The boiler will need it's own pump for the boler loop. The manual will tell you the head loss and suggested pump.  I have the 80M model and I have a Taco 007 on the boiler loop.  I also have an indiect DHW along with 4 heating zones each with a Grundfos pump.  There are a lot of piping and control options.  If all your zones need the same or close to the same water temp you could set the boiler temp and let 'er go and not need a mixingvalve.  Use individual zone valves with one pump sized properly or an ECM type pump.  If you have widely varying watter temps you will probably need some type of mixing strategy.  Just make sure the PEX has an O2 barrier.  here are a lot more knowledgeable gys out there than me.   Mike

This discussion has been closed.