Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Human magnet.

I have the ability to attract weird problems.Do you? On a 3t split AC system ,the evap motor seized. The motor ran for 4-5 years that I know of. So out comes the 115v blower motor and in with the new. The new motor runs not so good. The air flow was low and the amps HIGH ! Humgph! So out comes the new 115v motor and in goes a newer and proper 230v motor . At least the AHU name plate said 230v ! And the new motor runs REAL GOOD! That 115v motor ran for 4-5 years, and not one complaint by anyone that used the  "exercise room" that the AC serviced. Humgph!

Comments

• JStarJStar Member Posts: 2,668
    edited September 2011
    Hmm.

I've seen a 220V electric water heater run on 115 for years, and then it leaked. I installed a new 115V heater...doesn't run more than a second before popping the breaker. On top of that, the water heater is above the drop ceiling in a commercial office. I found a junction box with close to 100 wires in it, found a neutral and recommended an electrician to deal with it later.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!