Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Correct duct size

I am currently working on a job that appears to have the supplt & return ducts chocked down considering the size of the unit.Can I get the name of a good website or a rule of thumb when it comes to CFM & suitable duct size.thanks in advance for the help!!!!!!!!

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Ductulator

Get yourself a good Ductulator. I have been designing duct with mine for years.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited August 2011
    Ductulator's

Also track down a  flex duct Ductulator for flex duct.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Duct sizing workbook

This is a handy notebook

• Techman
    Duct sizing

Hi TonyS. I like that HandBook way of looking at ducting,thanks .There is a lot of 8" high supply trunks in residential. But, on the return duct sizing we try for .08"w.c. depending or .06"w.c. depending. Our returns are larger than our supplies.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Your welcome Techman

I use that book when I am coming out of boiler mode. I find as I get older I still have a good memory except its alot shorter LOL
  • Techman
    TonyS

I just looked at your photo in the "contact user" section . I have two questions , one personal and one business. Business first , Is she your helper ? Now personel , Where do you keep the pipe wrenches? LOL ,with you I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Thanks Tony.

That is a mighty handy cheat sheet. I feel your pain. Things don't come out of the old Noggin' as fast as they used to.
This discussion has been closed.