Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot yoga studio heat source

Hey guy's, have any of you installed furnace for hot yoga studio. A buddy of mine is trying to invent the wheel and is against the wall, he is going down wrong path. What furnace do you know out there that can handle 100 degree return temps and appx 1200 cfm with 40% makeup air. Any ideas all. I am sure Rupp or Mammoth makes one but any ideas of else that won't break the bank for him.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    YOGA ?

What kind of new "Lotus Position" or "Dog Position" produces 100* return air temps? Is the instructor lady that hot? What temp is the room to be maintained at ?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    yoga

How about a Hydrocoil system ?
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    it is called Bikrum Yoga

and they will run the room between 100-105F
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    How about radiant...

It is much better to raise the MRT to make people sweat than it is to raise the air temperature, no?

Sounds like a nice application for radiant walls, ceilings, floors, windows. Radiant EVERYTHING...

And if you do it right, when he leaves, he can take it all with him (assuming lease on commercial space).

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Greg Maxwell
    Greg Maxwell Member Posts: 212
    Yoga

Simultaineous heat cool? With the evap sized for the large latent load?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Unusual, but doable........

Solve all of your problems with a MUA unit.  Although the temps are rather outside of the box, you can at least cover your heat and fresh air issues.  As far a latent concerns, I'd be more concerned with Sensible load since The environment is what you will address with or with out bodies. 

What area of the country?

Are you actually going to try to dehumidify this space?

Unfortunately the bank you don't want to break, is best served with the proper equipment.  That will up the price.

If they want to maintain this 104*f space temp, I would think the 40%F/A should take care of your cooling needs since it should never be called for.......at these temps.

Interesting scenario, but keep us posted as to what your thoughts are and any concerns.  I did not read anything about RH% in the structure

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.