Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitodens Training

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
Had the pleasure of going up to the Viessmann facilty in Warwick,RI last week for a Vitodens training class. I'd attended the same class 4 years ago,but both the 100 and 200 series are all new since then and it  was time for a refresher.

The combination of hands on and classroom is vastly superior to  classroom only,great training experience! Thanks,Viessmann and Wales-Darby!
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,924
    Options
    Thats why you are the Mod-Con man on Long Island.........

staying on the cutting edge.  How have they changed Robert?  Mad Dog
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Almost completely different

The 200 went to a Vitotronic control, new Lambda Pro system and got rid of the integral primary pump as well as dropping the price 35%. The 100 got a totally new design and control with integral ODR and a 35% price cut as well . The HX is pretty much the only thing that stayed the same on both
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Options
    Actually not totally true on the Heat Exchanger

The heat exchanger is the SAME on both boilers of around the same size (the new 100 and new 200) but the heat exchanger between the original WB2A and WB2B is different - the original 200 had a wetback design (my opinion - superior to the new ones) where as the new 200's have a dry back with a refractory disk. I would speculate that by incorporating the same heat exchanger on both the 100 and 200 of similar outputs, on top of getting rid of the weback design, along with getting rid of the integral pump, are strong reasons why the 200 has come down in price as much as it has. I would say the original 200 was more of a true-er (if that's a word) European Boiler, the new 200 was just brought out to be competitive as some people can't see past the cost of the boiler by itself.

On a lighter note I took the training last Fall. The Intro to Viessmann was good, the Intro to their condensing boilers was decent and probably the best of the 3 days, the service training course left a bit to be desired - we did more service and hands on during the intro to their condensing boilers compared to the service/maintenance of the Vitodens. It might have to do with the fact that we had the same instructor for the intro and service course but the intro to their condensing boilers was a different instructor.

In the Boiler room at the Langley facility (BC, Canada) for the Viessmann training centre they have the coil portion from their inox radial heat exchanger sitting on a display type mount on one of the tables.  Well I was looking at one of the boilers during lunch and one of the guys from our class came in and bumped it by accident and the coil fell on the ground. Holy shart - it scared the living crap out of everyone in the entire building it hit the ground so hard- however, no damage to the coil, but I'm not sure if the floor is ok to this day!
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,924
    Options
    wow>>>they are finally >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

getting "competitive" with the "others"  thats good.  Mad Dog
This discussion has been closed.