Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

singer a/c compressor

Options
Im trying to find out what kind of compressor a singer model number ACR50024-1C has. i cant find replacement parts or info anywhere. thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Describe the unit for me

Derick...

Can you describe the unit for me?

Is this a PTAC unit by chance?
    Eugene
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think that is a ptac

Skip repairing the old girl and probably best fit will be mcquay ptac. Check out sleeve dimensions but I think they cross over well. 

They also made some  splits, in fact we still take care of some if my memory serves me, I don't know if the ever made pkg RT.

Ps, I did a quick google and you could order Singer units from Singerbangladesh :)
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Outdoor unit

Not a PTAC.

And it is ancient, pushing 35+ years old. I wouldn't put a penny in it!

But if someone is that #$#@, probably any 2 ton recip and appropriate capacitor would do.
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Originally...

These units were originally Remington units.... Singer bought Remington.... McQuay bought Singer... Climate Control took over McQuay....

You can get replacements for all of these units from Islandair, right here on the Island of Long.... East Setauket to be exact.
    Eugene
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Not a PTAC!

The ACR series was an old early 70s condensing unit, 024 would be a 2 ton. Just an old can, Bristol, Copeland or the like.
This discussion has been closed.