Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Refinishing Steam Radiators in NJ

Nick_37
Nick_37 Member Posts: 38
I am looking to get my steam radiators refinished and restore them to their former prime. They have accumulated many layers of paint over the years from previous owners that is now flaking off.  Does any one know of any contractors that specialize in sandblasting and refinishing radiators in the New Jersey area?

Comments

• Sil
    Sil Member Posts: 72
    Powdercoat

I did mine last year. I had them sand blasted then spray painted -not powder coated. They looked great when they were delivered. But they stunk up the house for several weeks into the heating season and now most every radiators has cracks somewhere on the paint coating (after the first heating season!).

I live near NYC, but there is no need for me to share w u who I used.
  • RDSTEAM
    RDSTEAM Member Posts: 134
    powder coating

is the way to go although more expensive. paint wont crack and has a cleaner look. i live in jersey but have never had to get rads blasted and painted. most people wouldnt dare to spend the money.
  • Paul C._2
    Paul C._2 Member Posts: 18
    Radiator Refinishing

Quick Strip, www.quickstripnj.com, they do media and sand blasting.  Had a few steam radiators stripped there and I used high temp. engine enamel and yes, it did stink for a few days.  Powder coating is interesting, but difficult to remove when "I'm tired of these colors, it's time to re-decorate". 
This discussion has been closed.