Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens LLH Sensor

I am installing a Vitedens 200. I am using a spirovent hydraulic separator instead of viessmanns low loss header, and dont see a location for the sensor on the diagram for the spirovent unit. can anyone verify that there is no location to use the sensor, and if there is no location in it, should I just not use the sensor, or can it be placed on the piping after the hydraulic separator?

And help would be appreciated

Thx

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited April 2011
    Sensor Location

Strap it on the supply side pipe going out to the system. Better yet install a copper x Female tee and use a 1/2" short honeywell well to slip the sensor in.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Vitodens LLHeader:

I don't understand your logic of not using the Veissmann LLH. I just installed a Vitodens 100. I looked at LLH'ers, Spirovent and Califfi, and could find no compelling reason to use any LLH but the Veissman. They even offer an insulation kit for it. If it was cost, the Veissmann comes with the sensing port installed on top of the LLH. If you must add a fitting to the array, it costs extra for material and the labor time to install it.  And the "others" don't offer the insulation kit.

They (the Veissman) must be popular because my supplier is all out of them. I need one and they are waiting for a shipment from Veissmann.
  • CMadatMe
    LLH

I don't use the Viessmann LLH much. I use the Caleffi on the 200's. It comes with insulation and has a port to thread in a 1/2" honeywell well to insert the sensor in it. I just don't like the air removal on the Viessmann header. The first version was terrible and last year they made the change to the newer LLH but still would rather have better air removal then what the Viessmann header has in it.  

Ice I have them in stock with the insulation kits if you need to get that job closed up. Drop me an e-mail.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • _HeaterDude_
    _HeaterDude_ Member Posts: 15
    LLH

My boss liked it because it was made out of brass, has sweat connections, and has good dirt and air separation.
  • CMadatMe
    Holy Cow!!!!

I just called to get a price on these and only in the 1-1/4" version....Way out of the ball park when comparing it to the competition such as Caleffi. Caleffi comes insulated...
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Media is the reason it costs more

Remember that the new Spiroquad or whatever it's called has FULL stainless steel media from top to bottom so it actually will do a good job at both air seperation AND dirt seperation on top of acting as a hydraulic break between the boiler loop and secondary/system loops. The Caleffi and Viessmann Low loss headers don't. And of course the Brass versus steel is another reason for the price differnce. I also like that they offer swt versions which minimizes install time if you're soldering as well as makes for less connections and fittings (no MIP's adapters to swt & install).
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
This discussion has been closed.