Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Reznor waste oil burner

Al Letellier_21
Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
Is there anyone out there with experience with Reznor waste oil burners in a Buderus boiler? We have inherited a unit here in So. Maine that apparently hasn't worked correctly since it was installed. I've been told that even the setup guy for the company that sold the unit walked away from it. (again, only what we've been told).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Contact me direct by e-mail.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    I might know a guy Al.

I am in Eastern Maine.  I will give him a call tomorrow and then get in touch with you.
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Update

Please update us on what you find. I have never heard of a set up like that. Never knew you could do something like that. Maybe you can't and that is the problem.  We take care of a couple waste oil units, but there are all OEM set ups. Like Lanair. All the ones I have seen over the years had pretty wide open heat exchangers. Can't imagine a 3 pass design working properly. But then again, may be great for all I know.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    I would be interested too

have only worked on Lan Air and Clean Burn. Triple pass sounds interesting on how well it will perform, and for how long between servicing.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Cool

Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the link. I will keep this in mind. Waste oil is not something we do everyday, thankfully. But that would be a nice option to offer.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    I didn't forget Al.

I didn't forget about you Al.  The guy that I know is on a snowmobiling trip up Fort Kent way.  Last ride of the season.  He should be back tonight.
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    reznor waste oil

The link Robert posted is the exact unit we have on this project. Job is on hold at the moment but will update. Thanks to several who contacted me directly.

Al
This discussion has been closed.