Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sodderless

Options
has anybody used this new goop that comes in a bottle i forget the name.its red and made for ac systems rather than brazing or soddering. used it one time and seemed pretty good.

Comments

• RDSTEAM
    RDSTEAM Member Posts: 134
    Options
    ive seen it for water lines

but not refrigerant lines. not sure if i would trust it. its a little more time consuming fixing a refrigerant line than it is a water line.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    uh

We used the same stuff made for water lines. We tried it in our training room on a zone. It worked fine, as long as no one touched the pipe. As soon as you tried to move the pie a little while making another connection, you heard a "crack" and that was the end of that joint. Lots of water leaks on that loop. We tore it out and re did it in pex.

I wouldn't use it. I braze everything I can.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    If it is the same product...

A few years back, I picked up a sample of a product that claimed to join copper piping without soldering or brazing. I brought it to the lab at my college and had my students perform a number of lab tests on the product. We found that, as long as the joint did not vibrate or shake, it held well. I contacted the company via this forum as well as by e-mail to inquire about the product and its performance during our tests, but received no replies. This product came in a red plastic bottle and the company was located in College Point, NY.
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    That product

That product may make a come back if from what i am hearing from the supply house that the plant that make acetylene blew up and it will be impossible to get.

Not sure if there is any truth to it, but if so the people that make that product should really fire up the adverstising about now.

Any of you guy hear anything?
This discussion has been closed.