Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

solar simulation software

hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
PolySun or T-sol, does anyone have an opinion or preference?/
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• ABSolar
    ABSolar Member Posts: 41
    software choices

Retscreen & Pathfinder assistant are all I can afford....
  • Karl_Northwind
    Karl_Northwind Member Posts: 139
    Restcreen and excel

I just built an excel calculator that gives numbers to input to the "percent of month used" and temperature ranges, and have gotten numbers very close  (within a couple of percent) of what polysun and tsol have given.

it's essentially just a cheat for retscreen to let retscreen do what it does, only with more detailed loads month to month.

Karl
  • Fortunat
    Fortunat Member Posts: 103
    I use Polysun

Rod,

I use Polysun (designer) but haven't used T sol so I can't make a real comparison. The first couple years with Polysun were frustrating because it was still rather buggy, especially in the english units, but it seems to have improved and as they add more US hardware it gets better and better.

The designer version is very powerful (but also rather expensive). We're happy with it overall though; my only big frustration at this point is that when I make a new template in designer mode, my colleague (who has just the light version) can't even open it. So in the light version you are stuck with just the generic templates that come with the software.

As I said, I've seen reports from T sol, but never used it myself so I can't actually give you a comparison.

~Fortunat

www.revisionenergy.com
This discussion has been closed.