Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus R2107 Operation

I had a Buderus R2107 installed in 2007 and have had no problems. Recently I have noticed one zone (out of a total of 7) that runs over the thermostat setting. I changed the thermostat with no apparent change to the operation. The zone valve appears to be working OK, but I am unsure how to determine that with 100% certainty.

I have two questions regarding the R2107 controller:

1) I initially set it to operate with one of the pre-programmed heating programs (cannot recall which one at the moment). With only room thermostats how does the system reduce the temperature at night? Does it just circulate cooler water and as a result never actually satisfy any thermostat?

2) Does the hot water remaining in the boiler get automatically routed to a particular zone to utilize the heat? If so, can that zone be selected? I was wondering if this may be causing a rise in one room, but I haven't noticed it before so I am doubtful that is the cause.

Thank you for any insight you may provide!
Bob Vandy

Comments

• James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Logamatic 2107

Bob a few questions:

Is the house zoned with circulators or zone valves?

Did you install a room sensor with the logamatic or is there 7 normal thermostats?

The temperature setting on the logamatic doesnt actually control the room temperature in the room unless buderus' room sensor is installed. If regular stats are used all the logamatic does is adjust the outdoor reset curve slightly for night setback.

If one of your zones is overshooting, i would check either the zone valve(if you are zoned with zone valves) or a bad flow check on your circulators.
  • Bob Vandy
    Bob Vandy Member Posts: 3
    Logamatic 2107

James,

In response to your questions:

Is the house zoned with circulators or zone valves?

I have Honeywell V8043F 1036 zone valves.

Did you install a room sensor with the logamatic or is there 7 normal thermostats?

I

do not have a room sensor, just 7 normal thermostats. Would it be

advantageous for me to install a room sensor? I read a few online

comments in the past on these and was left undecided.

The temperature setting on the logamatic doesnt actually control the

room temperature in the room unless buderus' room sensor is installed.

If regular stats are used all the logamatic does is adjust the outdoor

reset curve slightly for night setback.

If one of your zones is overshooting, i would check either the zone

valve(if you are zoned with zone valves) or a bad flow check on your

circulators.

How do I go about checking the zone valve? The only thing I could think

of was to have someone adjust the temperature on the thermostat until I

saw the gears move on the zone valve and that appeared to be happening

at about the temperature that the room was at.

Thank you for your response!

Bob
    Bob Vandy
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Logamatic

Bob,

With multiple zones you are better off leaving it zoned with regular stats and do not install a room sensor.

As far as the zone valve, start off by shutting down all the zones so nothing is calling for heat.  Figure out which zone valve is controlling the area that gets over heated.  With all the zones off, turn on one of the other zones.  Feel the pipe above the zone valve that controls the overheated room.  If that zone starts to get hot when it is not calling for heat but another zone is the ball inside the zone valve might be letting hot water leak by.  If that is the case you might have to replace the zone valve.                 Thanks,  James
  • Bob Vandy
    Bob Vandy Member Posts: 3
    Logamatic 2107

Thanks James, I will give that a try.

Bob
    Bob Vandy
This discussion has been closed.