Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

logamatic R 2107 and constant circulation

Options
I have a question about using constant circulation with a logamatic R 2107 on a Buderus Logano G115 with an oil fired Riello. 

I have a room sensor for the system which is on one circuit of 1 3/4" cast iron heating pipes that feed into what I guess are copper convectors. 

I have taken steps to insulate and improve heat efficiency on a 65 year old home. 

I have recently set the room sensor (RMSETBACK) to the lowest setting for minimal setback of 1-2 degrees but it seems like it sets back more than that.  I still want the domestic hot water to shut down overnight but feel as though the constant circulation for heat will use less oil.

Is constant circulation typically more efficient than night set back given the iron pipes, 1 zone, etc.and then having to heat the living space, etc?

Is there a way to maintain constant temp for heat while shutting down hot water production at night.  I haven't figured it out if there is.

Thanks.

Joe

PS. great site, great resource.  without sites like these i'd have less money and less knowhow!

Comments

• k_2
    k_2 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    re

There is a way to do this, it is in the manual, I know it is kind of dense, but when you get through it, it sort of makes sense
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Good Question

Call Buderus tech support 1-800-552-1100

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• RED76
    RED76 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    room comp

did you adjust the roomcomp from the factory setting of 5 to 18 which will give the room sensor the ability to adjust to heating curve depending on room temp. maybe try to adjust the heating curve by using the OFFSET
This discussion has been closed.